SB 02 - Running (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

SB 02 - Running (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by francis »

I wonder how much of the rumor about naked joggers in nightly LA came from vampires that were running away after being blown up. I had escaped the fire by jumping out of the building. 19th floor. Well, in 400 years you pick up some cool moves. Guess I was a bit rusty in the long distance jumping department, but I didn’t mean to get scores for performance.

The unbreakable windows had been conveniently shattered by the heavy duty explosives that this black clothed janitor had thrown at my poker table.

How did that freak get in, and who sent him? Hold that question for another time.

I was running through empty streets at 3 in the morning. Where to now? Better not home to the Hollywood hills, as I didn’t know if any of my staff was involved in this. Mick was a logical choice, I could trust him.

I was speeding a little so people would only get a blurred image, almost as if photography was still done the old way. But I couldn’t go much faster; I was exhausted, the tattered remains of my silk shirt and underwear were clinging to the seeping sores on my back and ingraining themselves into the partially healed lesions. It hurt like hell when I moved and I would have to cut the cloth out of my skin. Rats.

The worst part was the growing bloodlust that I couldn’t control much longer. A passer-by would be in danger not of his eyeballs falling out at my sight but of being eaten alive. Luckily it wasn’t far to Mick’s place. Let’s just hope his pet human isn’t around.

I left his private elevator and knocked, but he wasn’t there. I could smell that he left only a short time ago, upset and in a hurry. He probably went to see my office. Well, that spared me some humiliation now. I broke into his loft by using the override code I got from Ryder as I didn’t have the key with me.

First things first, I pushed the empty glass thingies out of the way and took some blood out of his fridge. A positive. Well, beggars can’t be choosers. I drank two pints while I tried to get as much of the molten rags as possible off my skin.

Shower was next. Entering his bathroom upstairs I smelled a woman. Curious as I am I inhaled. Morgan-Coraline. When I touched the shower door I saw a glimpse of a naked wet Cora, beautyful as ever, and half naked Mick clinging to her desperately. Wow, so she got him back. I need to pester him until he tells me the whole story.
He had called me earlier to tell me in telegraph style what had happened between Cora and Beth. How I wished now I had been there. Must have been interesting.

A little subzero sleep would be heaven now but I couldn’t. Vamp etiquette 101 – don’t sleep in your best friend’s freezer without his consent. I wasn’t one to play by the rules normally, but I needed his help and shouldn’t piss him off too much today.

So I showered and managed to get some more splinters and cloth pieces out, then I took Mick’s robe from a hook, filled my glass with more of the stale blood Mick drinks constantly and hacked into his computer to see if news of my untimely demise had already reached the public.

I suddenly heard the elevator. I sniffed. Beth. Oh, I better stayed silent. No need to tell her yet that I live. I want to know how she reacts when she gets to know. She would make a good vamp, really, she can smell a rat from a mile away, and she seems to be fearless beyond reason.
Another ping of the elevator. Mick. Finally. Why don’t they come in? I can hear their conversation clearly. They apologize to each other, how cute. I know it’s not nice to eavesdrop but whoever labeled me nice was dead wrong.

I am almost moved when Mick starts to cry over me, I can smell his tears and almost get up to tell him it’s okay. But then Mick opens the door. I pull the robe together for Beth’s sake. No need to lead her into temptation.

I install my little boy smile. "You’re gonna stand there all day or you’re gonna come in and find out who killed me?"
Mick looks as if he would like to finish what the attacker started. This is gonna be fun.
Last edited by francis on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: SB02 - Running (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by mitzie »

Great chapter! Love the vision of Josef running half-naked through the streets!! Loved listening in on Josef's thought process!!

Off to read more!

mitzie
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Great opening from Josef's POV. The man is snarky even when burnt!

You really have captured his voice.
moonshine
Freelance freshie

Post by moonshine »

Great!!! I love the image of Josef running naked in the streets of L.A! :yahoo: Cool really
It's so funny to see that even after what happened he's still the cool Josef, as he sees what happened in the shower, when he ears Mick and Beth talking and
especially the end that I really like:
I am almost moved when Mick starts to cry over me, I can smell his tears and almost get up to tell him it’s okay. But then Mick opens the door. I pull the robe together for Beth’s sake. No need to lead her into temptation.

I install my little boy smile. "You’re gonna stand there all day or you’re gonna come in and find out who killed me?"
Mick looks as if he would like to finish what the attacker started. This is gonna be fun.
So so typical Josef! :snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh...I hadn't thought about what would happen when a vamp healed over something like shards of glass or bits of fabric. Ick! This is a great chapter, I love Josef's POV and his thoughts as he gets away from the explosion. Really nicely done--and I love the way you tie in the Coraline-Mick shower scene. Of course Josef would have been able to smell it...
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you so much for your great comments.

Allegrita, thank you. Yes, that might be painful.

moonshine, thanks. He is still trying to be cool.

Fleur, thank you so much. That's quite a compliment.

mitzie, thank you for reading.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

so that's how JOsef survived?! very interesting to explore this francis. you've got his snarky voice down pat. and *Luxe slaps head* he had an over ride code, that's how he got in. of course!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you Luxe. I think as Josef was in the apartment so often without Mick being there, he must have had a code. I think it would be a matter of security for the befriended vamps to know how to get into each others apartment. They had to get each other out of messes once in a while...
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous! So in character.

I always wondered how Josef survived the firebomb that destroyed his office. I thought it could be a bit of the 'with age comes power' thing.

Nicely done!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: SB 02 - Running (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Diane31 did a wonderful take on this one in a slide show. Please check it out and tell her when you like it.

http://moonlight-illustrated-fanfics.bl ... ancis.html
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: SB 02 - Running (Josef's POV) (PG-13)

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, that gets better!! I would never label Josef as nice, and nice he isn't here!! But he is great to read! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Sleeping Beauty Revisited”