New Signature Guidelines

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

New Signature Guidelines

Post by allegrita »

Dear Moonlightaholics,

We’ve revised our signature guidelines, and want to call your attention to them. Please take a look at the new Signature and Avatar Guidelines thread. (Note that the avatar guidelines have not changed.)

Here are the highlights:

Please limit the total height of your signature (including banner, tag, text, and other content) to 500 pixels or less.

Since many our talented members have been creating beautiful banners that are wider than our previous width limit, we've decided to allow wider signature banners. We now allow banners to be 700 pixels wide (the max used to be 600). To save bandwidth, wider banners must be shorter in height. The trick is, the maximum number of pixels in a banner cannot exceed 240,000. So your banner can be 600 wide x 400 tall, or 700 wide x 340 tall, but not 700 wide x 400 tall.

Clear as mud? :dizzy: Don't worry, if you're confused we'll be glad to help you figure it out! :ghug:

It’s okay to have two smaller banners that add up to the 240,000 pixel maximum size, if you like. Just be sure they aren’t any bigger in total than the maximum banner size.

None of the rules have changed regarding what subjects can be used in your banner art. Just the dimensions have been modified.

One final note:
If you use a large-sized banner, please limit the number of lines of text in your signature (including blank lines) to no more than four lines, one of which may be large-size text).

If you have any questions, or would like help figuring out whether your signature fits within the new guidelines, please feel free to contact any of the Admin/Mod team.
Lucy
Ancient

Re: New Signature Guidelines

Post by Lucy »

Ok.......
Am I legal???? :pray: :pray:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yep. Totally. :teeth: Your banner is within limits, and your sig is less than 500 pixels high.
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:dizzy: Oh Lord pixels?? We have pixels?? Lol, I may just stick to millimetres if that's okay... :laugh:
I can work with those... :fingerscrossed: :yes:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Terri, your sig is just fine. And as I said, if any of you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask any of us. We promise not to bite (unless you want us to). :snicker:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just giving this a little nudge to make sure everyone has seen it. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Am I legit? I think I am but I'm not sure. I would hate to leave Phoenix' wonderful banner behind.

As a Cleaner I need to comply to the rules more than others, good example and all that. On the other hand, who would challenge me and live to tell? :rolling:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

You're fine, francis. :twothumbs: Your banner is 400 pixels high and you've only got 2 lines of text -- well within the 500 pixel limit.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:bump:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson