Insomnia-Champagne Challenge 127 (PG)

A place for MickBethKiss' G to PG-13 stories
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Insomnia-Champagne Challenge 127 (PG)

Post by MickBethKiss »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Insomnia
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Mick's POV for Champagne Challenge-Insomnia.

Mick sighed and pulled the door up on his freezer. The cool air wafting up from it felt good. Mick shrugged out of his button up shirt and slipped into the freezer, pulling the lid shut behind him.

Ahh, that feels nice… Mick thought. He growled just slightly, his teeth sliding out, but his eyes were closed, so his milky white eyes stayed hidden. Only a few seconds after, all vampire sights were gone, except for the fact Mick was sleeping in a freezer. Well, trying.

Mick was trying and failing to get some sleep. All he wanted was to sink deep into unconsciousness, get away from the annoying thoughts chasing around in Mick’s head.

A week as a human and not only was Mick’s body terribly confused, but so was he. But he knew he hadn’t wasted a bit of it. Mick had been determined to not have any regrets. Mick couldn’t say that he failed, but he couldn’t say he’d succeeded, either. One half regret-he hadn’t been able to get a Krispy Krème donut yet. How sad. It actually amused Mick enough he chuckled in his freezer.

A week as a human, you’d think that Mick didn’t need a bed. Only a week, and he got a bed. But now he knew he’d never use it again, four hundred plus dollars down the drain. But the taste of coffee and orange juice and even low-fat crappy donuts - that were apparently not as good as some better quality ones, that could have potentially killed him, until proven innocent - were worth it. Every second. Hot dogs and fruit, a tan (possibly), grapes, strawberries… There were so many things he enjoyed, and so many things he could have enjoyed that he didn’t have the chance too. There’s just to many different foods on this earth to eat them in one lifetime, let alone a week.

Mick wished he had a clock somewhere he could check. It must be at least midnight by now, Mick thought. Mick was on his last wire. He needed the relief of unconsciousness quickly, to get away from the heat in his head.

His thoughts momentarily drifted to Josef, whom he knew would tease him if he had actually said that aloud. Mick knew Josef would have said, “You mean the hot air in your head? There must be some, otherwise you would have switched to freshies by now.” Mick opened his eyes, now back to their wonderful hazel – or blue, depending on the light – and sighed.

Mick growled relentlessly in pure annoyance that could turn violent in any second. But Mick’s thoughts quickly subsided and he focused on tomorrow and it’s possibilities. He could take Beth out to dinner. Mick closed his eyes, only seeing Beth’s happy, smiling face.

Mick longed for peaceful unconsciousness more than before. This was Mick’s worst insomnia in his undead life – even in his first life. While on the subject, Mick began thinking about his life as a kid, how he always loved pretend he was an army general, uniform and all. Mick had fulfilled his dream, of course, but thinking of his childhood memories, as faded as they were, brought back more recent memories, unwanted memories. Mick stayed awake as he tried to fight off the unsettling and unhappy memories of the night.
Last edited by MickBethKiss on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Insomnia-Chamagne Challenge

Post by francis »

Oh poor Mick. Being a vampire again must be confusing - day, night, food, blood... and thinking about Beth doesn't help.
You captured this very well. I want to cuddle Mick. :comfort:
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Insomnia-Chamagne Challenge

Post by maggatha3 »

Yeah, exactly what francis commented...he is no longer human, but his insomnia looks like any human would have..I had guessed vamps cannot have insomnia, since Josef says they have no soul to be tortured...I guess I was wrong, Josef was too and Mick. Because he suffers too much in those few lines...
Hey, francis, a freezer is too cold for us, wanna take turns in cuddling him?
Thanks MBK :wave:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Re: Insomnia-Champagne Challenge 127 (PG)

Post by jen »

Wonderful!

Mick's temporary foray into humanity was briefer than we all would have liked to see, but it was time well spent. He did not become another personality, his goals, likes and dislikes remained the same and the sacrifice of this temporary mortality did was not without its rewards.

He has Beth now, and as frustrating as it is for both of them, I have to believe that they will find a way to make it work.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Post by MickBethKiss »

francis, Yeah, poor Mick... He's so confused... Thank you!! Me too. :teeth:
maggatha3, Yeah... Mick suffers... :Mickangel: Hhmph... I wanna join!! :biggrin:
jen, Thank you! Yes, exactly. :ysmile: I do, too. Your welcome. :teeth:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

thanks for giving us this moment, because there would have been one in which Mick took stock of his week as a human. :hearts:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Mick would definitely have thought about his "human" week. It's sad that he didn't get to do more during that time but he gave it up for a good reason. Beth
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

I can believe that Mick rehashing his week as a human is cause for sleepless nights. Thanks for giving us that peek.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Poor Mick, but I think being human is worth the temporary insomnia.

Return to “MickBethKiss' Office”