Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 3

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 3

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rating: PG
Characters: Josef, Mick, Beth and my OCs Kylie Jenkins and Savannah.
A/N: This is a sequel to Fresh from the Farm and Follow That Freshie. I recommend reading at least "Fresh from the Farm" (a one-shot) before "Jealousy." It will make a lot more sense that way!

Thank you dear Lorig for the support and boost of confidence. And of course for being my idea bouncer.

Special thanks to darkstarrising for the plot bunny. In a comment to "Fresh from the Farm" she asked if the other girls were jealous. Hmm...

Jealousy

Chapter 3

Savannah drove around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do. Kylie was slumped over in the back seat still unconscious, though her head wound seemed to have stopped bleeding. Her initial panic had given over to anger once more. Damn that Kylie! She’s gotten me in trouble again! Savannah had become so blinded by her jealousy of Kylie over the past weeks that even now she couldn’t see how her own actions had gotten her into this predicament.

She considered her options. She could simply dump Kylie someplace and ditch the car someplace else. But what if no one finds her? I want her fired…I don’t want her to die! What if she left Kylie in the car and left it someplace where someone would be bound to find it? Well, there’s always the chance no one will find it until it is too late. Besides, I can’t have Kylie wake up and tell who attacked her. I need to be there when she wakes up.

She thought about locking her up somewhere. That would give Savannah time to figure out what to do next. She remembered seeing some boarded-up houses and stores near the homeless shelter. But that would mean driving over here all the time to check on her and bring her food. No, it had to be someplace closer.

Savannah was quickly running out of options. I guess I could just lock her up in my basement for awhile. Yes, I’ll do that and ditch her car. Then I’ll try to figure out something else.

She was so relieved that she had come to some kind of solution, even a temporary one, that she started to race home. She sped through a yellow light that quickly turned red, but was so preoccupied with her thoughts she hadn’t even noticed the red light camera warning sign.

Click. The digital camera caught the driver and the license plate, starting the process to send a ticket to the vehicle’s registered owner - one Josef Kostan.

MLMLMLMLML

Driving towards her house, Savannah realized now how perfect her place was to take Kylie. The basement level had been remodeled with it’s own outside entrance so it could be rented separately from the first floor, where Kylie lived. There were doors at the top and the bottom of the stairs with locks to prevent access between the levels. When Kylie moved here she had the option of renting one or the other or both. At the time she took both, and kept the stairway open. After she lost her job at The Moonlight Club, she decided to start getting the basement apartment ready to rent out to help with her expenses. All of the doors had dead bolt locks with keys, so she could lock Kylie inside. The windows were near the ceiling and too small for a person to crawl through.

When they arrived Kylie was conscious enough to stumble her way into the basement by leaning heavily on Savannah. She didn’t seem to remember that Savannah was the one who had attacked her and instead seemed grateful for her help. Savannah let her use the bathroom, but when she stood up from the toilet she got dizzy and threw up. Sure signs of a concussion, Savannah thought. She managed to get Kylie to the bed where she collapsed. Savannah washed her face as best as she could, putting a couple of butterfly bandages on the cut on her forehead. She really needs stitches, but this will have to do. I can’t let anyone else see her. She had a huge knot on the back of her head, now matted with hair and dried blood. But it wasn’t bleeding at the moment so Savannah left it alone. Then she cleaned up the vomit in the bathroom, cursing Kylie under her breath the whole time.

Now I have to get rid of the car. She had thought this through while scrubbing the bathroom and decided that the Greyhound bus station would be the perfect place. Anyone looking for her would think she got on a bus and just took off. But before leaving, she tied Kylie’s hands and feet and put a gag around her mouth. Just in case she woke up while Savannah was gone.

Savannah parked the car at the bus station. The sweater she had wrapped around Kylie’s head was still in the back seat; Savannah took it and threw it in a nearby dumpster. She walked a few blocks then hailed a taxi to take her back to the homeless mission so she could pick up her own car. She finally pulled up in front of her house just as dawn was breaking.

MLMLMLMLML

Josef detected the scent of freshie mixed with cough syrup well before the timid knocks on his office door. “Hey doll,” he said as he opened the door to find Taylor standing there in her pajamas and fuzzy bathrobe. “Shouldn’t you be resting in bed?” He guided her to a seat on the sofa.

“I know I should be, but I had to see you, Josef.”

“What is it?” he asked, suddenly concerned.

“It’s Kylie. She didn’t come home from working at the shelter yesterday.”

“What?! Who went with her last night?”

“No one. It was my turn to go, but I got sick. She told me everyone else had gone out and that I shouldn’t worry because she’s been there lots of times by herself. Then she said Mick would be there so I figured it was okay.”

“So what makes you think she didn’t come home?”

“She said she would stop in to see me when she got back. She never did, so I checked her room. Her bed wasn’t slept in last night.”

Josef patted her hand and helped her to stand up. “Now I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation,” he said soothingly as he walked her back to her room. “She probably spent the night at Mick and Beth’s. I’ll give him a call as soon as I get you back to bed. You’re much too weak to be up and about yet.”

Taylor sneezed and crawled under her covers. “Thank you Josef. I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right! Now get some rest.”

Josef softly closed his door and immediately whipped out his phone as he headed down the hall at a brisk pace. The truth was that he was very worried about Kylie. If she had stayed over at Mick’s one of them would have called him, he was sure. Something was definitely wrong.

“Hey, Mick. Please tell me Kylie is with you.”

“Why would Kylie be here?” Mick picked up on the anxiety in Josef’s voice. He looked over at Beth. “What’s wrong, Josef? What’s happened?”

“I don’t know yet, only that she’s missing.”

“Missing!” Mick said in disbelief. Beth’s eyes grew wide with worry.

“Apparently she never came home last night after working at the shelter. Did she seem okay to you while you were there?”

“Josef, we didn’t go to the shelter last night. Beth called Kylie just as Kylie was leaving to go there. She seemed perfectly fine and told Beth she’d see her next week instead. Didn’t she have anyone with her?”

“No. Taylor was supposed to go with her but got sick. All the other girls were busy. Taylor just came and told me that Kylie never came to check on her like she said she would, and Kylie’s bed hasn’t been slept in.”

“What about her car?”

“I just checked the garage as I went past. One car is missing. I’ll pull up the GPS locator and see if I can find it.”

“Okay, let me know as soon as you can. I’ll head down to the shelter and ask around. Don’t worry Josef, I’m sure she’s fine. Maybe she just had car trouble.”

“You don’t believe that any more than I do, but thanks for the platitudes.” He hung up.

Beth had already begun gathering her purse. “I’m coming with you,” she stated matter-of-factly, and for once Mick didn’t argue.

To be continued
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Jealousy - A Kylie Jenkins Freshie Story (PG) Chapter 3

Post by darkstarrising »

Now Savannah's in real trouble!! She's got two vamps looking for Kylie and one of them is going to be really pissed when he finds out what happened.

For Savannah's sake, I hope Mick finds her first. I just hope someone finds Kylie, though.

Loving the story, MLC :hug:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oops, read this the other day, and didn't comment.

Savannah is just digging herself in deeper and deeper. That girl needs to stop and think about what she's doing.

Lucky
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thanks, dsr! Yes, it might be a good idea if Mick finds Savannah first. Josef is more apt to bite first and ask questions later. :snicker:

Hey Lucky, that's okay. Seems to me there were some pesky pirates around here that needed to be taken care of first. :laugh: Savannah does seem to have a pretty big shovel, doesn't she? That hole is getting awfully deep! :brow:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, I love this! Savannah would do well to realize the error of her ways right away instead of waiting to get caught. 'Cause she is in for one heck of a reckoning if she doesn't! :eek2:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Seems to me that Savannah is one of those vapid women L.A. is really full of. She won't be missed by many. I hope Mick finds Kylie soon and helps her.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Damn that Kylie! She’s gotten me in trouble again!
:dizzy: By this point, Savannah is completely out of touch with reality. I'm amazed at how well she's covering up the crime, although I'm thinking that her running-the-red ticket will come back to bite her... :whistle: :fingerscrossed:

Thank you, MLC! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is fabulous...

...but in a way, it is also a little like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. Your writing is truly wonderful, but Savannah continues to dig herself in deeper with rare enthusiasm and gusto. She is malicious, but not to the point of wanting to kill Kylie. Problem is, she could easily accomplish that by accident and promptly blame Kylie for dying in order to further mess up her life.

She really doesn't need any help with that. She's doing a very efficient job of it unassisted.

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

She is indeed!

Thanks for commenting! :rose:
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “Jealousy”