Mad World

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Mad World

Post by Shadow »

Moonlightsonata wrote:I commented on this before but I just have to comment again now that this has been brought to the top. This is a magnificent video with perfect pictures to match the song. It really makes me think of brooding Mick who I still miss a lot. Thanks again.
So great to see that you not only watched this vid again, but also left another comment! Wonderful to know you have liked it so much. This video definitely does show a great deal of brooding Mick..... Thanks so much.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:On watching this video again just now, I was especially struck by these lines:

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...

The scenes you chose during those lyrics are all memories of times when he was human, either before he was turned or during his short week on the Cure. And they're followed by these lines:

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take--
When people run in circles, it's a very very mad world.

...where you show Mick trying to talk to Beth about really difficult things (his relationships with Lilah and with Coraline), cutting to scenes of Mick's turning by Coraline, his receiving the Cure from her, and then his re-turning by Josef. All the things that make his relationship with Beth--and with all humans--so very difficult, dangerous, and complicated. And the ultimate example of the way Mick's whole life runs in circles. A mad world, indeed. :Mickangel:

How incredibly poignant those lines are, illustrated by the clips you chose. :hankie:

There's so much in this video to love, but those lines really spoke to me this evening. :hearts:
. Alle, it is so interesting that you picked out those particular lines from the song.... Those are the exact lines that made me decide to make this video for Mick. Most especially the line, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. I've no idea what the songwriter really meant by this, but it was so easy to imagine what those lines might mean to Mick. To him, after all, being in the process of dying would simply mean being alive.... And, what we saw of his life in the show most surely did run in circles.

I love that you always see so much in my videos and have so much insight into them!
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: When I saw the song title listed in your office, I was expecting this to be the Cat Stevens song. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Which would have worked too, considering how mad Mick's world is, but I love this song (always liked the TfF version, but when this Gary Jules version came out, it eclipsed the TfF version for me, as I think the emotion is his version is a lot more raw). Alle already commented on many of the things I liked too, but I'll add that the clips of the kids (little Beth and the kidnapped boy) really got to me with that lyric. :wings:

Thanks for sharing your talents with us, Shadow. :hug:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Watched this again. It is a really haunting video. Thank you so much. Still missing Moonlight almost six years later.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”