9 Crimes

Shadow
Courtesan

9 Crimes

Post by Shadow »

I've had this video in mind for a couple of years but put kept putting off making it -- I knew the song had been pulled from Youtube, and also I wasn't quite sure how to actually create what I was imagining! But when the song came back up on Youtube it was time to give it a try.

Here it is on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tFSaiPCXs

And on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/24759307
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: 9 Crimes

Post by allegrita »

Wow. There are so many feelings here... so many conflicting things going on, that I think I could interpret this vid differently every time I watched it.

Wanting things that we can't have. Having things that we turn out not to want. The poison that turns the most treasured desires into less than we imagined them to be. The yearning to be that very thing we just gave up.

And you know... the biggest thing I got out of watching it the second time (because the first time, all I could was just try to absorb as much as I could) was that the only thing that makes all this torment "all right" is owning the choices that put you where you are. But that doesn't stop you from wondering if you made the right choice... :Mickangel:

What a beautiful song. And what an amazingly complicated and beautiful video. Shadow, I do love the stories you tell us... :rose:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Awesome! :rose: Aren't they all? I loved the choise of song, as if Mick asked for permission, to feel, to love, to live...and how fitting, the lyrics with the appearance of Coraline..The b&w spots were also stunning, striking moments to recall in mind. The many pages and changes in Mick and Beth's lives...the choises that made them who they are for us to love..

My Sire
:thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Shadow...Shadow... :thud:

One word of advice. NEVER. STOP. MAKING. VIDS.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What she said. You are a treasure. :notworthy:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

So, I just watched this and "Mad World" again. I have a terminal case of goosebumps. And teary eyes.

These are so beautiful, and so evocative of our beloved show.

Thank you.

Lucky
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I saw your post and couldn't resist watching from my phone. An awesome job once again, Shadow. :hearts:
I adore the stories you tell and the music choices are always spot on.

:heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

librarian_7 wrote:So, I just watched this and "Mad World" again. I have a terminal case of goosebumps. And teary eyes.

Thank you.

Lucky
Perfect description for another masterpiece. I continue to be awed by your storytelling - both in terms of the written word and your beautiful combination of music, images and emotion.

Just amazing, beautiful, stunningly good.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

You've done it again Amy....Spot on with your choice of music and scenes to perfectly pull out the emotions of Moonlight.

I'll never tier of your ability to create these gems and retell us this story we love so much. Thank you :hug:

:heart: :hearts: :rose: :hankie:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oh, Shadow. This is just stunning. And I mean that in every sense of the word -- that it's not only visually beautiful, but also that it leaves one at a complete loss for words. There is so much to process here, so much emotion conveyed. You make it seem effortless, the way you pull the story and the music into one moving whole, even though I know the painstaking work that goes into getting just the right feel for any given "moment." You truly have a gift, and I so appreciate your sharing it with us. :hearts: :hug: :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Waiting patiently for that download code.

Well, semi-patiently....

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

My god, Shadow, but you are gifted!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

That video was amazing! The overlay of images, the song, showing the conflict within Mick and Beth as they struggle to come to grips with their feelings for each other and for the others they have loved.....

Need to watch this again (and again) .....but in all honesty, this has captured the essence of Moonlight so very beautifully :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Wow. There are so many feelings here... so many conflicting things going on, that I think I could interpret this vid differently every time I watched it.

Wanting things that we can't have. Having things that we turn out not to want. The poison that turns the most treasured desires into less than we imagined them to be. The yearning to be that very thing we just gave up.

And you know... the biggest thing I got out of watching it the second time (because the first time, all I could was just try to absorb as much as I could) was that the only thing that makes all this torment "all right" is owning the choices that put you where you are. But that doesn't stop you from wondering if you made the right choice... :Mickangel:

What a beautiful song. And what an amazingly complicated and beautiful video. Shadow, I do love the stories you tell us... :rose:
Thank you, Alle! I love that you can find different interpretations of this one . . . I remember when I first heard the song I loved it but was really mystified as to what it meant. There was so much in it that felt conflicting, as if whatever mood there was at the moment was haunted by something opposite from the past. I was hoping to get some of that effect into the video, so how wonderful it was to get your comment and find that this actually came across! :cloud9: :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Awesome! :rose: Aren't they all? I loved the choise of song, as if Mick asked for permission, to feel, to love, to live...and how fitting, the lyrics with the appearance of Coraline..The b&w spots were also stunning, striking moments to recall in mind. The many pages and changes in Mick and Beth's lives...the choises that made them who they are for us to love..
:hearts: thank you Maggatha . . . there were some scenes that just had to go in this one due to the lyrics, the funeral scene and Coraline's appearance . . . it felt as if the song could have been written for those scenes! And it is great to know that the black and white spots could have such an impact, like memories to recall. That was how I had hoped they would feel . . . :happysigh:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:So, I just watched this and "Mad World" again. I have a terminal case of goosebumps. And teary eyes.

Thank you.

Lucky
I should maybe not have made these two so close together . . . ;) both being such emotional ones. . . but then that is my favorite kind of vid to make.

(And Lucky, I don't think I'll be able to help making more! Making these is very, very addictive.)

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”