I See Dead People -PG--Champagne Challenge 130.

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

I See Dead People -PG--Champagne Challenge 130.

Post by Emma-lee »

Hello it has been over a year since I have written any fic. RL has gotten in the way and I finally made my way back here and was immediately drawn in by the Champagne challenge. Guillermo muse was the first to jump up and want to get us back writing again. It is not my best...but the muses are a bit rusty. Hope you enjoy.

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE

Guillermo was glad to swipe out after a long night of work in the morgue, which had followed a long, hard few weeks. Not only was it the end of his shift but it was the beginning of his long earned and long awaited vacation. He smiled at the thought of getting away from the morgue, with all its stresses and smells. It did not take him long to get to the hotel room he had rented and into the shower. He washed away all the morgue scents as he felt the stress drip off him with the water.

He had no real plans for his week off, just playing it by ear and relaxing doing whatever he felt like. He clicked on the TV and settled into the big comfortable arm chair. The first thing to come on was the late news talking about two dead bodies that had washed up on the beach. Guillermo growled and flipped the station, but that only brought him to a 24 hour marathon of “Dr.’G’ Medical Examiner”. He tried one more station and found only ‘CSI’. The remote was tossed at the TV as he got up; there were more things he could do to relax besides watching TV.

Guillermo grabbed a bottle of his favorite O+ and settled on his balcony over-looking the beach to watch the dawn break. But instead of seeing the sunrise, he got a bird’s eye view of the local police handling a fatal car crash below. The morgue guys were just pulling up to haul away the body. He slammed the rest of the blood back like a shot of whiskey and grumbled as he went back inside. He rolled his shoulders and sighed, a few dead bodies were not going to ruin this vacation. Guillermo slipped into the freezer determined to make the next night much more fun.

The next night he rose with dusk and ate breakfast without turning on the TV or looking outside, no sense in tempting the fates again. There were 6 more nights of vacation and he was going to make the best of them. After thinking over his options a nice relaxing hike through the mountain trails sounded the best. He packed a few bottles of blood and headed out.

He was enjoying the quiet of the nighttime woods when it hit him. He groaned and shook his head. No…it can’t be. But as he walked closer the vampire senses could not be denied, there it was in all its half decomposed glory…another dead body. He growled loudly and vamped away, wanting nothing to do with death while on vacation. He headed back to his room and settled back into that comfy chair where he turned on a movie…but of course the only one on was “The Bone Collector”. Normally one of his favorites about forensics and murder, but not now it wasn’t, not on vacation. He gave up and headed to the freezer.

The next few nights went the same way, no matter what Guillermo did there was always a dead body in sight, or scent. From the fight at the club, to the breaking news about the double murder down the street, Mick calling him for advice on the murder case he was on, even the discovery of the suicide victim in the hotel room next to his. His last night he spent in his room, curtains drawn, TV off, phone smashed to bits, just sitting in that chair staring into space. His whole vacation had been nothing but one dead body after another; could he never get away from it?

Guillermo returned to work, not relaxed, not rejuvenated, and grumpy as hell. Terrance was there waiting for him watching the TV. He handed over the night’s assignments to Guillermo and then pointed to the TV.
“Good movie G…I will leave it on for you. It’s called “Sixth Sense” about this kid who sees dead people.”
Guillermo snarled and tossed the clipboard at the TV breaking it, then glared at Terrance. Who held up his hands in defense and vamped out the door.

He shook his head and then went about the work that did not seem to want to leave him alone. “Some getaway...” He grumbled to himself.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: I See Dead People -PG--Champagne Challenge 130.

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: :rolling: Pooor G! He can't escape!! :comfort2:

I'm so glad to have you and your stories back, Emma-lee! :hug: :hearts:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

allegrita wrote::rolling: :rolling: Pooor G! He can't escape!! :comfort2:

I'm so glad to have you and your stories back, Emma-lee! :hug: :hearts:
Thanks Alle. It feels good to be back. And i could not help but torture poor G...lol

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

oh, yeah..... you caught and totally described the vacation I just had....... Poor G!!!!

I love that he spoke to you for this..... he deserves more than a more drawer!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Your muses are doing just fine, honey :hug: Poor Guillermo can't catch a break - all he wants is to get away from being surrounded by death only to find he can't, not even his own.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Lucy wrote:oh, yeah..... you caught and totally described the vacation I just had....... Poor G!!!!

I love that he spoke to you for this..... he deserves more than a more drawer!

Ugh Sorry about your vacation Lucy...and Ty I love writing G almost as much as Cora.

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

darkstarrising wrote:Your muses are doing just fine, honey :hug: Poor Guillermo can't catch a break - all he wants is to get away from being surrounded by death only to find he can't, not even his own.

Thanks Dark! :hug: . And yes remind me to never vacation with him...LOL

Sparrow
Freelance freshie

Post by Sparrow »

Whoo awesome Em! :D
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Sparrow wrote:Whoo awesome Em! :D

:rose: Thanks Spar.

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Poor Guillermo.

Sometimes the universe is definitely not on your side.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote::rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Poor Guillermo.

Sometimes the universe is definitely not on your side.
Yes i think G needs to make the universe happy again....Thanks for reading and commenting.

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I love it! Great to see a new story from you. Poor G, not exactly an ideal week off.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

cassysj wrote::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I love it! Great to see a new story from you. Poor G, not exactly an ideal week off.
Thanks CJ. It is great to be writing again. the Champagne challenge sucked me in...LOL. And yes Poor G....but I could not help myself.

jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

TOO Freaking funny! Poor G is all I'm saying! And let me say welcome back, too!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:TOO Freaking funny! Poor G is all I'm saying! And let me say welcome back, too!
Thanks Jen! It is good to be back and I needed a good laugh today and G obliged.

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”