Love of My Life

Shadow
Courtesan

Love of My Life

Post by Shadow »

I've had this video in mind for years but somehow still could not get it ready in time for Moonlight's fourth anniversary . . . ;)

Still, here it is now. This one is all about Mick and Beth.

On Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5To_Trs52-8

On Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/30344522
Last edited by Shadow on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Love of My Life

Post by Lilly »

Shadow, this is just gorgeous! As always, you hit all the right notes here and shined a soft new light into the depths of that beautiful soul. Thank you so much. :hearts: :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:happysigh:

This is so beautiful. I love this song and the theme of Mick feeling untouchable is very close to my heart. As always you do the most amazing job of bringing that theme to life in a way that is both moving and captivating. :clapping: :hearts: :rose:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh geez, Shadow. I'm blubbering. Not good at work, but ohhhhh, this video just pulls at my heart. There's such a strong theme of yearning, and separation from everything he loves... and the cord that ties him to Beth seems very fragile here, as if he doesn't quite believe it'll hold. But he's still hanging onto it for dear life.... or unlife, whatever. You've captured all the uncertainty here. The daunting hugeness of that gulf that separates Mick from his dreams. And yet you've also captured the strength of his will to keep trying... :Mickangel: :heart:

I keep saying "This is my favorite Shadow vid," every time I see a new one. :laugh: Right now, this is my favorite Shadow vid. :heart: (Even more than Time Lapse Lifeline, which is saying a heck of a lot!)
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What an amazing video! It was so well put-together, and the song was very fitting. I loved the comparison of Ray/Lilah/Mick to Josh/Beth/Mick.

:rose: :flowers:

Marigold
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh, Shadow. That is incredible. Absolutely incredible. :hankie:
I've only had a chance to view on my phone so I can't wait to view it on my large monitor. I adore this song and have an unfinished Mick vid I tried to put this song to but it just never came together for me so seeing this was just beautiful. So many amazing (and personal fave) scenes. The storytelling and effects are perfect.
My new fave Mick/Beth vid. Ever.
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Even more superb on the bigger monitor. :yes:

Gotta say that the ending with the audio and the back and forth between their first encounter and the Sonata ending is SO amazing. :notworthy:

Perfect. Just perfect. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Amy you've done it to me again...you made me cry ImageThis is so beautiful I loved it and felt every note and image...Thank you.
I miss my Mick & Beth so much. Your videos are so spot on it reminds me why I loved Moonlight so and still do. Image
I only wish we had more. Image

ImageImageImage

You know where my Moonlight heart lies and you touch it evey time. :heart:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:Shadow, this is just gorgeous! As always, you hit all the right notes here and shined a soft new light into the depths of that beautiful soul. Thank you so much. :hearts: :notworthy:
Thank you Lilly! I've been wanting to do something with this song for a really long time . . . I'm so glad this could finally find the right notes. :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote: This is so beautiful. I love this song and the theme of Mick feeling untouchable is very close to my heart.
Red, as I was working on this I kept thinking about your story "Touched" . . . . . this song seemed to hit me a lot harder after I'd read that.
Maybe that's why I finally sat down and actually made the video . . .

So glad you liked it! :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:I keep saying "This is my favorite Shadow vid," every time I see a new one. :laugh: Right now, this is my favorite Shadow vid. :heart: (Even more than Time Lapse Lifeline, which is saying a heck of a lot!)
:snicker: I'm always inclined toward the last one I've done . . . at least for a little while . . .
This one came out just the way I wanted it, though, so I'm soooo delighted that it's a favorite, and that it could really get to you that way. The song has so much yearning in it; from the very first time I heard it, I wanted to use it for Mick. So much darkness in the lyrics, but so much hope as well. Thanks ever so much, Alle. :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:What an amazing video! It was so well put-together, and the song was very fitting. I loved the comparison of Ray/Lilah/Mick to Josh/Beth/Mick.
Thanks Marigold, that is so wonderful to hear. I was just delighted that you liked that comparison. I hadn't ever seen that shown in a video before, and it really seemed to fit in with the theme of this one. Thanks so much for the comment! :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:Oh, Shadow. That is incredible. Absolutely incredible. :hankie:
I've only had a chance to view on my phone so I can't wait to view it on my large monitor. I adore this song and have an unfinished Mick vid I tried to put this song to but it just never came together for me so seeing this was just beautiful. So many amazing (and personal fave) scenes. The storytelling and effects are perfect.
My new fave Mick/Beth vid. Ever.
Wow Coco, thanks!!! I sure hope that you will finish that vid one day; I would so, so love to see what you do with this song. It took me a very long time indeed to come up with a storyline for it! I'm so pleased that you liked the voice-over dialog at the end; I hadn't ever done that before and had to learn how for this vid. And this is actually the first time I set out to do a purely Mick/Beth video so it is really fantastic that this is your new fave! :smooch:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Shadow wrote:
redwinter101 wrote: This is so beautiful. I love this song and the theme of Mick feeling untouchable is very close to my heart.
Red, as I was working on this I kept thinking about your story "Touched" . . . . . this song seemed to hit me a lot harder after I'd read that.
Maybe that's why I finally sat down and actually made the video . . .

So glad you liked it! :flowers:
Oh how wonderful. :flowers:

I loved it.

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Kath40 wrote:You know where my Moonlight heart lies and you touch it evey time. :heart:
Kath, I think our Moonlight hearts must lie in the very same place . . . . :happysigh:
It's so great this could touch you, and thanks so much for commenting here as well; that's so wonderful!!
kath40 wrote:I only wish we had more.
:sigh: Yeah. . . .

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”