No Boundaries - part one (PG13)

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: No Boundaries - part 1 (PG13)

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, honey... I'm so very, very glad you wrote this.
And I am sooo glad that you liked it, Alle! I'm so pleased that you were taken with the part where Beth remembers what Mick was wearing; it seemed to balance things somewhat . . . though in truth Beth did have it a bit easier than he did, since Mick's wardrobe is not nearly so varied as hers! (In fact, after I put that in I realized that the exact same description would apply to what he was wearing at the end of Sonata. :laugh:) And I did think Beth would have it in her to make such a gesture with the ice . . . I'm glad you think so too, in spite of her more self centered side. Some of her best characteristics often seem to come out during moments of intimacy . . . and moments of crisis . . .

Thank you so much, Alle, for the amazing comment!
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: No Boundaries - part 1 (PG13)

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:Oh lovely! So much explained and out of the way, plus happiness. :happysigh:

My favorite part...and maybe I'm odd, but I LOVE this! "Vampires don't really have all that much stamina.... We're predators... we're built for sprints.". :laugh: I find that a delightful thing to read him saying... :cloud9:
Thanks ever so much, Grace!

And I have to admit, I really enjoyed writing that bit for Mick. :devil:
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: No Boundaries - part one (PG13)

Post by maggatha3 »

:rose:
Shadow, my talented friend and sire. First and above all , thank you. Thanks for taking the step and writing that story for all of us. For I think it must have been really hard writing a Post Sonata story. One more post Sonata, after so many beautiful stories that have been posted. It must have been kind of discouraging for a writer, right?

But you gave us such a treat, such a lovely ,even poetic first night. It all reminded me of that thing Beth has said a while ago, that sex is about letting yourself go, being yourself and setting aside your barriers so that someone else sees you totally, I don't exactly recall her phrasing, but that was the point and that is how it all felt to me. Beth felt experiencing things for the first time, not only because she was with a vampire but because of Mick, she even seemed to do things differently this time, that is how overwhelmed she was. And Mick!! Now talk about letting go and freeing yourself. He made love to Beth, bending his own fear to reassure her of their love and show her they could fight for it together, he even bit her and drank her blood, and he even enjoyed the experience, even more than he would expect too!!

And the aftermath!! :cloud9: One of them would definitely go beyond oneself to manage and spend the night together, but I have always thought it would be Mick, abandoning his freezer to spend the night at Beth's apartment, I never ever expected Beth to come up with such and idea to pull through!! And she was even prepared for it, good girl!! :winky:

But this, in the end..
He was so relaxed, so peaceful, at least for now. It couldn’t last for long.. I know you meant it otherwise, but it sounded as such a bad omen :gasp:

You got me all cried up in the middle of the gym, you know! :twothumbs:

My Sire :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Hi Maggatha! . . . . I was indeed pretty unsure about doing this at first, thinking that post Sonata had already been done so often, and so well. But it has been a lot of fun to actually write this, and it would probably have felt strange to leave the Sonata mysteries just hanging . . . . plus, it gives me a chance to do a little more with the OC characters. :biggrin:

I'm glad you found this first part to be a treat! I love that you remembered Beth's words from another chapter so very well. And how great that Beth could surprise you with her little plan.

Oh my, I didn't intend for that part to be a bad omen . . . but now that you mention it, it does sound a little ominous. :chin:

Thank you so, so much, little fledgling! (Hope I can still call you this, as I think you will be graduating from your rogue-vampire state at any moment!)
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Shadow wrote: Thank you so, so much, little fledgling! (Hope I can still call you this, as I think you will be graduating from your rogue-vampire state at any moment!)
Ahh, my Sire, rogue or not, you are stuck with me now...forever. :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

maggatha3 wrote:Ahh, my Sire, rogue or not, you are stuck with me now...forever.
Forever, now that sounds good, my little . . . courtesan! Congrats on your graduation from rogueness! :clapping:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, I'm back at Chapter One, since Real Life intervened after Chapter Three and I had to drop out of reading this story. So I have decided to start all over again from Chapter One and reread the whole thing in one go. And just to let you know, I've been saving this, like a special treat, knowing that the time would come when I had some time to read it... :cloud9: I'm really looking forward to it. :hearts:

Just so you know... I still feel the same way about this chapter as I did the first time I read it. You know I wrote a Sonata story, and I am proud of it. But I love your take on it, and you've made me believe in your scenario. Which is saying a lot, 'cause, well, you know how it is when you have a vision and someone else has a different one... they'd better have their ducks in a row! Well, your ducks are very much in a row. :hug:

Off to read... :reading:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:laugh: I had that same problem with Real Life, which came up around chapter six, Alle . . . so this is great timing, you won't have to wait for me to get any of the next chapters up!

And this one really is meant to be all one piece, so I'm glad you're getting to read it that way. :biggrin: I would have liked to put it all up at once, if I could have. Although it is a bit long for reading at one sitting, too . . . . :chin:

It is just so wonderful to know you were saving this as a special treat! :rose:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I'm so glad that Beth and Mick were able to have their date after all! :hearts: The circumstances were different than they might have been, but their time together was still very loving and beautiful. :melts: :happysigh:

I love that Beth remembered what Mick had been wearing the second first time they met. :laugh:

Beth's plan with the ice packs was very sweet. :hearts:
Shadow wrote:She had not spent long years alone, as he had, but somewhere in her soul she had always been missing something – his touch, his smile, his arms around her. Even the very first time he’d so tentatively embraced her, it had meant more to her, had touched her more deeply, than anything else she had ever experienced.
:heart: Mick and Beth belong together. If it wasn't obvious before, it certainly was once they had that first hug. :cloud9:

This is a fantastic beginning to your post-Sonata chapter. Thank you, Shadow! :rose: :notworthy:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, Marigold! I'm glad you decided to try this one!
Marigold wrote:I love that Beth remembered what Mick had been wearing the second first time they met.
I really thought she would -- it was such a very significant moment for her, too. Even if it wasn't their first first meeting!
Marigold wrote: Mick and Beth belong together. If it wasn't obvious before, it certainly was once they had that first hug. :cloud9:
Oh, yes . . . that really was the defining moment. :melts: :melts: :melts:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Oh Shadow, this was so lovely! How sweet and romantic, and honest they are with each other! :hearts:

I haven't read your In Between stories, and this sounds like some good pandemic reading (while waiting for my new grandbabies to arrive!).

So, do you think I should continue with No Boundaries, since you said it was more or less a stand alone After Sonata story, or should I go to the beginning of In Between and read all the way through, first? I'm kind of tempted to finish this, I really want to see what happens "the morning after," but you mentioned some OCs from the In Between stories. :chin:

Such a dilemma! :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

How wonderful to see you here, MLC! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I suppose where to go from here really depends on how much you like seeing things happen in order! This part of No Boundaries is the only part that is really stand alone, but several people have read all of this story without reading In Between first, and it seemed to work for them well enough. (And I see you've already moved on to part two! :hearts: ) Part three is where the OCs who were introduced earlier really come into play, so if that part works for you then I would say you are good to continue.

Return to “No Boundaries”