My Body is a Cage

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: My Body is a Cage

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Bummer.

I couldn't get either one to play.

Hope this is just temporary, as this sounds just fabulous.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Drat, I don't know why the Vimeo link isn't working for you . . . maybe there are some browsers that aren't compatible with it? I've checked it a couple of times and can't find any problems to fix. But I do have the download link nearly ready so hopefully that will work for you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:WOW Amy this has left me stunned. I was holding my breath and didn't realise it until the end. Girlfriend you are a master at taking an unknown piece of music and paring it with familiar images of our Moonlight and creating something completely new. Love your use of dialog inserted into the perfect points of this creation.
I LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ your work...please don't ever stop...yours is a talent to be admired and respected in this community. You keep Moonlight fresh and new every time you make one of these videos. :hug: Thank you so much :smooch: :rose:
Wow, thank you for the amazing comment, Kath! I'm especially happy that you liked the dialog I put into this one. That was by far the trickiest part to do, mostly because I'm new at doing it . . . and because most of the lines I really wanted to use were inundated with background music, which didn't work well for the quieter moments of this song. But it just felt right to have the dialog mixed in with this one . . .
(And I'm still addicted to making these videos, so I'm sure there will be more for quite a while yet!)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I just watched this video again--on full screen this time, which made it even more incredible. And now that I've gotten over my utter awe, I wanted to come back and make a real comment.

First, I want to comment on the song, which is astounding. It could have been written to describe Mick. I'm so glad Lucky heard it, and asked you to turn it into a video. :rose: Shadow, I agree--it is an absolutely epic piece of music, and I can imagine how excited you were to have such an inspiring song to work with. And what an amazing arrangement! Peter Gabriel is a musical genius. This song could so easily have gone over into hyperbole, but he kept it on the right side of the line. The emotion in the song is held at such a fever pitch through that long buildup, that the silence in the middle seems excruciatingly long. And then the amazing second half of the song begins, and the quality of emotion changes, and all that tension is turned into relief and hope and joy. The song is cinematic in itself, isn't it?

And you turned this masterpiece of a song into a staggeringly powerful film. (Yes, film. The term "fan video" really doesn't do this piece justice.) I'm in awe of your vision, your talent, and your amazing ability to tell the story of Moonlight in so many new and different and utterly meaningful ways. It just blows me away, how you can use the limited amount of footage you've got, and make it seem totally new every time! And lord! the images you evoke in this video!!! :thud: I could go on for a paragraph about the symbolism of fire alone. There is just so much to appreciate here. Your use of light and shadow, of perfectly applied special effects, and of dialog is... well, perfect, but that doesn't seem high enough praise. I loved the use of footage from other shows, too... it was so subtly done, and it was really seamless.

And maybe "subtle" is the word I'm really looking for, to describe your filmmaking here. The song is so powerful and so epic--which could have tempted you to cross that line between powerful emotion and overblown schmaltz. But you didn't. You kept it simple, which sounds weird for such a complex piece, but I think it fits. You put a huge amount of work into crafting this video, but you didn't use a lot of flashy effects. You let the music supply the "big" and you kept your effects pretty subtle, so that they don't jump out at the viewer. The end result is a piece that literally took our breath away.

I will come back to watch this video many, many times. I'm so glad you are still addicted to making Moonlight videos, because your addiction feeds our addiction to your brilliant creations. And this one is really the crown jewel. :notworthy:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Oh, Alle, after reading your comment I am a little bit lost for words myself . . . :cloud9: . . . but one thing I can say is, I sure feel now that all the time spent on little changes and fixes was well worth it! (I've never had to make so many copies of a video before - so many that the program itself started to glitch, and I was running out of names for the files and forgetting which were the newest ones.)

I so, so love that you called this a film rather than a fan-video. And I'm delighted that the old scenes can still look new. I just love ML videos that make me feel as if I'm seeing new scenes, so that's a goal of mine - especially with this video, because the song is such a special one. It was such a delight when Lucky sent it to me. I'd been planning on finishing the In Between story before starting a new vid, but there was no way i could wait on this one - and in spite of the time it took, working on the video also seemed to help the story come along faster.

Thanks ever so much for coming by to leave more of your comment . . . and what a comment!! I expect I'll be coming back to read this many more times, too. ;)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

*removed obsolete link*
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Shadow!! :rose:
1) What alle said.
2) If you don't see many comments posted about this video any time in the near future, here or in youtube or wherever you post it, it is not because we don't want to comment on it. It is only and simply because we are left breathless and at a loss for words after watching it. I ,for one, have watched it so many times and have come here to comment on it and ...just cannot.

My Sire, :thud:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Ah, maggatha, it is a delight to know that you have watched this so many times!

And I am so very glad the video could have such an effect on you. Even though you said you could not comment on it now, well . . .
you have left me a really fabulous comment! :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Youtube has now un-blocked this video in the U.S. :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRfbFRQhyE
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, I'm so thrilled that it's downloadable!!! Downloading it now... and I just watched it again on youtube while I was waiting... oh man, Shadow, it still makes me cry. Every time. :hug:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

So glad that you downloaded it, Alle!

Eventually I'm hoping to get all of my vids onto Rapidshare . . . and I'm hoping that the FBI doesn't come by . . . :laugh:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”