Appreciating Alex with Pics - part 36

Locked Alex threads are here.
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Appreciating Alex with Pics - part 36

Post by kath40 »

PNWgal wrote:If he got permanent veneers, he can't have them removed. Porcelain or ceramic veneers require tooth preparation which can take away 3-30% of the tooth.

He can have them replaced, but not removed entirely.
Exactly!!!! :notworthy: My sister has been a dental assistant for 25 years and dose this kind of work every day. She has explained all this to me just like you just did PNWgal. She has told me she believes he has done some tooth cosmetic work but not a full mouth reconstruction with veneers as some keep implying. Why wreck all his beautiful teeth for one wonky tooth? Of course she's only had pictures to go by unlike an actual physical exam...but I do consider her an "expert" at this sort of thing.

What is wrong with these people? I love the fandom but some people can't let a little self improvement go without their approval and criticizing it to death especially something that is permanent. It's not like growing his hair back or dropping and gaining a few pounds. Now that we are used to these changes they think he's...what?...heard their belly aching and is attempting to changed everything back? :slaphead:

OooOOOoooo In that case I can't wait until he changes his back tattoo back to the old "tramp stamp" style Image ...he can just erase all that extra stuff...right? :teeth:

Sorry about that last little bit...I'm just feeling a little facetious this morning. :whistle:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

OK since this is a picture thread how about a variety of pretties for this new page :hearts:

(H50F)

(AOLR)
(AOLR)

Last edited by kath40 on Thu May 10, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, gorgeous assortment! :rose: I'm gonna keep on appreciating him, no matter what. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

A little old-school Alex... :happysigh:

(RIP moonlight-detective.com) :sigh:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

kath40 wrote: Exactly!!!! :notworthy: My sister has been a dental assistant for 25 years and dose this kind of work every day. She has explained all this to me just like you just did PNWgal. She has told me she believes he has done some tooth cosmetic work but not a full mouth reconstruction with veneers as some keep implying. Why wreck all his beautiful teeth for one wonky tooth? Of course she's only had pictures to go by unlike an actual physical exam...but I do consider her an "expert" at this sort of thing.

What is wrong with these people? I love the fandom but some people can't let a little self improvement go without their approval and criticizing it to death especially something that is permanent. It's not like growing his hair back or dropping and gaining a few pounds. Now that we are used to these changes they think he's...what?...heard their belly aching and is attempting to changed everything back? :slaphead:

OooOOOoooo In that case I can't wait until he changes his back tattoo back to the old "tramp stamp" style Image ...he can just erase all that extra stuff...right? :teeth:

Sorry about that last little bit...I'm just feeling a little facetious this morning. :whistle:

Facetious or not, kath...I love you so much for saying that! :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm amazed at people who confess to be fans that have nothing better to do than pick the poor man apart. Worrying about his health is one thing...nitpicking is another. (and yes, I include myself in that when it comes to the man's off-season hair styles. :teeth: )

LOVELY selection of pretties!! :heart:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm not quite sure why this has gotten such a reaction.

It was an observation. I don't know if it's true or not although the photos chosen made it seem possible. I thought people might like to review in their own way.

I made no statement about whether it's good or bad because Alex doesn't owe me any explanation for this, his hair or anything else. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have shared. Sorry.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Rhonda, I don't think anybody doubts your love for Alex, or your appreciation of him. I think that we can all agree that he's a beautiful man, no matter how he wears his hair, what clothes he has on, whether he's plump or skinny... he's just beautiful, inside and out. And talented. Never forget the talent. :teeth:

Old teeth

New teeth

Long hair

Or short

Wet

Dry

Casual

or dressed to the nines...

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

I'd take him upside down in a clown suit....but I haven't seen any photos of him like that yet!!!! :yahoo:
What a great series there, Allegrita!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

It's all good, Rhonda...I think the reaction comes from a history of a certain segment of fans being critical of just about everything Alex changes. They complained when he cut his hair after Moonlight. They complained when he lost weight for BUP. They complain when he 'scapes too much and not enough. They complained when he fixed his teeth.

He may have had the veneers replaced (I know I read somewhere along the lines one got broken during a 5-0 stunt), but he can't not have them, due to the damage the prep would have done to his teeth. So...the 6DAOL girls can discuss all they want, but saying he had them removed is inaccurate. Changed? Possibly. But not removed.

Either way, they'd have to go a long way to ruin that gorgeous smile!

(courtesy AOLR)

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

He has teeth?

After viewing the photos you all are posting, I can't concentrate on something so insignificant as teeth! :melts:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Oooooh. :teeth: :melts:

Another fine Lilly pic....

*quietly snags*

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my, that man looks good in a t-shirt. :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Oh good LORD, I love that pic. :melts: :melts: :melts:

And this one...

Return to “The Alex Archives”