Brian in "Beauty and the Beast" (CW)

Lucy
Ancient

Brian in "Beauty and the Beast" (CW)

Post by Lucy »

The CW has picked up five new series for the 2012-2013 season, marking a more-than-normal order size for the smaller network. The Sex and the City prequel The Carrie Diaries will join superhero drama Arrow, thriller Cult, medical drama First Cut and the updated Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast

Detective Catherine Chandler is a smart, no-nonsense homicide detective. When she was a teenager, Catherine witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Catherine would have been killed too, but someone – or something – saved her. No one has ever believed her, but she knows it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins…it was human.

Years have passed, and Catherine is a strong, confident, capable police officer, working alongside her equally talented partner, Tess. While investigating a murder, Catherine discovers a clue that leads her to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller, who was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Catherine learns that Vincent is actually still alive and that it was he who saved her many years before. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years to guard his secret – when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses.

Catherine agrees to protect his identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Catherine and Vincent, who are powerfully drawn to each other yet understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them.

The series stars Kristin Kreuk (“Smallville,” “Chuck”) as Catherine,
Jay Ryan (“Terra Nova”) as Vincent,
Max Brown (“The Tudors,” “MI-5”) as Evan,
Nina Lisandrello (“Nurse Jackie”) as Tess,
Nicole Gale Anderson (“Make It or Break It”) as Heather,
Austin Basis (“Life Unexpected”) as J.T., and
Brian White (“The Shield,” “The Cabin in the Woods”) as Joe. :yahoo: :clapping:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is from CBS Television Studios with executive producers Jennifer Levin (“Without A Trace,” “Felicity”), Sherri Cooper (“Brothers and Sisters”), Bill Haber (“Rizzoli & Isles,” “Thurgood”), Paul J. Witt (“A Better Life”) & Tony Thomas (“A Better Life”), Ron Koslow (“Moonlight”) and Gary Fled
Last edited by Lilly on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated subject line
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Brian cast as JOE in CW's BatB Reboot

Post by wpgrace »

Do we know who Joe is?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

In the original show Joe Maxwell was Catherine Chandler's immediate supervisor in the DA's office ..... we in the BatB fandom have been led to believe Joe is her Police Department Capt.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hmmm... intriguing that this Vincent doesn't always look the same way. Kinda like a nod to The Hulk, and saves money on makeup. Good for Brian! We know he does a very good cop character.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Hmmm... intriguing that this Vincent doesn't always look the same way. Kinda like a nod to The Hulk, and saves money on makeup. Good for Brian! We know he does a very good cop character.
Evidently...Vincent was a Doctor hurt during 9/11 and the military used this SECRET TECHNOLOGY to save him.....ergo the "FUZZ OUT".

Original Vincent fans are sweating this out.....where's the Shakespeare? Where's the BELOW??????
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm rather amused -- and kind of sad -- that Ron Koslow was tagged with Moonlight as a credit and not the original Beauty and the Beast. Yay and ... :sigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Sounds interesting.

I hope Brian has lots of success here. Ron Koslow, too!

The premise sounds interesting (and very Moonlight-like, sans the vampires) but I must echo that eliminating the city beneath the city element, with its beautiful, noble society will eliminate a huge undercurrent of charm that the original had going for it.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

jen wrote:Sounds interesting.

I hope Brian has lots of success here. Ron Koslow, too!

The premise sounds interesting (and very Moonlight-like, sans the vampires) but I must echo that eliminating the city beneath the city element, with its beautiful, noble society will eliminate a huge undercurrent of charm that the original had going for it.
It's hard to find charm...isn't it? Yes....I am wondering what spell they can cast to draw us in???? The discussions of a Wi playing, beer drinking Vincent are careening off the insides of my mind....

I can't wait to see JOE (Brian) challenged on a weekly basis.....
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Here's a tweeted picture of Brian in his role on BatB. Not quite as snappy a dresser as Carl Davis, but still very well put together. :teeth:

https://twitter.com/BatBwriters/status/ ... 90/photo/1
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

It's kind of appropriate he play JOE...that's his given middle name!

Here is the 'official' post on him with the rest of the cast.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/beauty-and-th ... rian-white

WHO’S WHO IN BEAUTY & THE BEAST: Brian J. White
http://thefairytalesite.net/2012/04/who ... n-j-white/
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Anyone else watching the pilot? It doesn't feel like the original B&B but I haven't run screaming from the room yet. :snicker:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm going to have to catch it online. Watching the Veep Candidates debate. If you can call it that...
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

librarian_7 wrote:I'm going to have to catch it online. Watching the Veep Candidates debate. If you can call it that...
Tap dancing, hand waving, finger pointing, and of course, smoke and mirrors :eyeroll:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Is that Beauty, or the Beast doing the finger pointing? :snicker: (Kiddin'... you gotta laugh or you're gonna cry!) :witsend:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Is that Beauty, or the Beast doing the finger pointing? :snicker: (Kiddin'... you gotta laugh or you're gonna cry!) :witsend:
I couldn't take it anymore....that split screen was annoying, especially when one candidate kept laughing at everything his opponent was saying.

Getting back on track, I did segue over to B&B and was braced for something godawful based on a review over at Zap2It. They must not have been watching the same show I did - it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Maybe it was Brian's presence, but I kept seeing a lot of parallels to ML, especially when Catherine tells Vincent 'You saved my life...twice.' I kept waiting for them to embrace, just like the end of NSTAV, but it didn't happen.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Brian”