Sext (Noon) - a video for redwinter101's story

Shadow
Courtesan

Sext (Noon) - a video for redwinter101's story

Post by Shadow »

Redwinter101's story "Sext" is one of my all time favorite stories, and it is so incredibly visual in the way it's written, I've always wanted to make a video for it. I had thought for a long time that it would be impossible, since the main setting is the field hospital where Mick woke up after being injured in the war, but with the help of a 1945 War Department film, it's now finally done. Special thanks to Lilly for letting me use one of the photographs from her interview with Justice Leak (Ray), and of course to Red for writing such an amazing story. If you haven't read it, here is a link to the story:
http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.php?f=670&t=6090

here is the video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOxKwlDxYZ0

and on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/43014805
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Sext (Noon) - a video for redwinter101's story

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, what a brilliantly conceived and produced story-video. It does so much to portray not just the events of the story, but foreshadowings of Mick's future as well. I loved the WWII scenes interspersed with footage from WLB. Just a beautifully done piece. Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much, Alle.
The story has such compelling, and so subtle, hints of Mick's future . . . I couldn't match that amazing subtlety, so I ended up putting in the foreshadowing that it brought to my mind. :happysigh:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Oh, Shadow! This is amazing! :notworthy: :rose: I believe that your video is the perfect visual accompaniment to "Sext." The scenes you chose are absolutely perfect. :notworthy: While watching, I had a taste of how Mick must have felt - confused and out-of-touch with reality.

Another great thing is how you incorporated the parallel of Mick's turning into your video. I especially love the flash of Coraline at 0:59, and all the bright lights.

Well done! Thank you! :heart: :hug: :clapping: :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold, what a fantastic comment! I was really hoping to get across those confused and disoriented feelings of Mick's, which came through so strongly in the story. And the way the story paralleled Mick's turning was so brilliant. I'm delighted that you think the video fits so well with the story! :cloud9:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

*removed obsolete link*
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

What a fabulous job you have done here!!!!

Redwinter's stories are so amazing, and Sext especially so. It is, as you say, so wonderfully visual. From the boat at the beginning (which I couldn't imagine how you would be able to capture) throughout, it conveyed Mick's mindset. So wounded, and swept alone by events he couldn't control.

You are an amazing talent in your writing and your video production!

I haven't seen Red on the board for some time. I really hope she gets a chance to see this. It is classic.

Thank you!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I'm so glad you liked the video, Jenna! I love the story so much, and I really wanted to make a video that would show that. It was a challenge, but also really intriguing finding and modifying scenes so they would at least come close to fitting the story.

It's great that you think that Red would like it. Sure hope she will be back on the board one day . . .

Thanks so much. :flowers:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”