Dangerous Trails - Chapter 4 (PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Dangerous Trails - Chapter 4 (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Disclaimer: See chapter 1.

Chapter 4

It only took a few seconds for Steve to open the door of room 314 with a little pin. Danny stood guard and felt like a teenager watching out for the neighbors while his best friend raided the plum tree.

The room was tidy, the bed was made. Danny went through the cupboards and closet to find mainly women’s clothes and lingerie. Seemed that Beth Jenkins liked to look good for her new hubby. He had seen the ID card picture and now seeing what kind of underwear she had he thought that Mick was a lucky guy. In the back of the closet he found a cooler, and inside were three pouches of blood.

“Steve? I got something weird here.”

Steve had been going through the bathroom. Danny lifted the pouches out with a gloved hand. “Huh? One of them sick or something?”

“There are no needles or IV lines. Just the pouches”, Danny remarked. “You got anything?”

“No weapons, no illegal substances, hardly any medications, no laptop, and he travels very light. There is a residue of half-molten ice chips in the bathtub. Maybe he got hurt and took an ice bath.”

“Or they had champaigne without the bucket.”

“No glasses, no bottle.”

“Hm. Maybe there’s something in the safe.”

Steve held up a key.

Danny guffawed. “Where did you get that?”

“I asked the hotel manager because I lost it and only my wife knew the combination. Not my fault Mick Jenkins and I look alike.” Steve grinned.

They opened the safe and found passports on the name Jenkins and another pair on the name Johnston. Obviously fake, but was it both or just one of them? Steve put the documents back and closed the safe.

His phone chirped. “Mc Garrett. Hey Chin, what did you find?”

“Still no ID on the two other passengers, but the pilot has been identified. He’s from the mainland, from L.A., known for illegal activities like smuggling and drug trafficking. Name’s Gary Seinfield. Kono says that the restaurant staff recognized the Jenkins’ but not the older couple. They never saw them so Mick clearly lied to you. One of the staff said that Mr. Jenkins didn’t eat anything, just shoved his food around and had a glass of wine. His wife had a healthy appetite and had dessert, too.”

“Thank you. See if you can find more about Seinfield’s whereabouts the last few days.”

“There’s more. CSU found a sharpened wooden bar in the helicopter, plated with pure silver. Do you have any idea what this thing could be for?”

“No. But maybe Jenkins can tell us. I have a few more questions anyway.” Steve closed the call.

Danny held up a hand. “What I would die to know is why you two look so similar. Do you have a cousin you don’t know about?”

“My grandparents were from California but I don’t think so. Everybody has a twin, eh?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Dangerous Trails - Chapter 4 (PG-13)

Post by darkstarrising »

Leave it to Danny to find a logical explanation for the resemblance between the two men and to Steve to exploit it.

Mick doesn't know it yet, but Steve doesn't let go of a mystery easily. Wonder how he's going to explain the blood?

Loving this, francis :flowers:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Found bags of blood, ice chips in the bathtub, the helicopter had a silvered covered wooden stake (except they don't know it's a stake yet)...boy am I glad the next chapter is already posted!! :reading:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yay!

I was expecting one chapter a day so this is a real treat!

Well, Steve, Danny and the extended 50 crew may not know much yet, but we now know that this was a kidnapping attempt. As there was no blood on the stake (then again, they may not have checked) that explains that this was not a spontaneous island tour, after all.

Steve is not at all shaken up by his resemblance to Mick, and is using it.

Maybe it is time to come clean with his. Not so sure about Danny.

Off to check out the next chapter!!

Thank you!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow--we really were on the same wavelength! :snicker: It's a good thing, because I guessed totally wrong in the previous chapters. I'm off to read Chapter 5!!! :hyper2:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I'm getting nervous... :nails: So far, Steve hasn't found anything incriminating (except for the passports), but he has found lots of odd, difficult-to-explain things.

I love the Mick-Steve resemblance. :laugh:

:rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Steve has found some weird things that he won't let go of easily. Off to read more
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Oh, ... this is sooooo not good for Mick and Beth! :mdrama:

And what's up with Danny, ... going straight to a woman's underwear drawer with his inspection! Geessshhhh! :laugh:

The H5O boys found way more "strange evidence" than they should have!!! And they already realized that there were no needles or other medical equipment to go with the blood bags! Bad news for Mick/Beth!!! :chair:

Off to read more!! :woohoo:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Hmm, the Commandah playing the P.I. who's playing the honeymooner with yet another passport. Talk about an identity crisis! :snicker: After the triathlon episode where the athletes were doping (taking a transfusion of their own blood previously saved) I can see how this would be considered weird, but not in the illegal category. Loving Danno's closet musings.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

dsr, the mystery of the resemblance will be adressed. Steve won’t let go easily.

MLC, Steve doesn’t make the connection yet.

jen, they know there’s something fishy going on.

allegrita, I’m glad to have puzzled you.

Marigold, no worry, things are odd but not desperate.

cassysj, things are weird.

Moonlitrose, I didn’t even think that way about Danny, but you’re right.

nutmegger, the Commandah doesn’t have a clue yet about the P.I.

Thank you to you all for reading and commenting! :hearts:
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Yeah I'm not liking Steve and Danno here, going through Beth's underthings and then into the safe too and with no warrant. :madface: It's not looking good for our Mick, hows he going to explain the blood bags? But then again how Steve going to explain going into Mick's room without a warrant? Loving this story Francis, off to the next chapter. :thanks:

Return to “Dangerous Trails”