OC Character Profile Charles Riley Human Years

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

OC Character Profile Charles Riley Human Years

Post by cassysj »

I created a character profile for Hope Scanlon and I've decided to do it for some of my other original characters. Charles is my baby despite the fact that many of my other characters are much louder in my head. I'm dividing his profile between his human life, vampire life and married vampire life. Charles is in the freshie doll series, Plum and Tangie's New Life and When Charles Became Human series.

Born Joseph Charles Fitzgerald February 14, 1837 in New York City. He was the only child of Charles Fitzgerald and Mary Riley Fitzgerald. His parents worked as a butler and maid for Josef Kostan in Ireland. Josef had to leave Ireland quickly after killing a man who had sexually assaulted his freshie. Charles Fitzgerald helped him dispose of the body and get the freshies to England. Fitzgerald and his wife chose to accompany Josef on the long ride to America since he had no time to make food preparations. Ten years after they landed in New York, Mary conceived her only child. Josef let them remain in his home through her pregnancy.

Mary Riley went into labor in the middle of a blizzard, with no midwife the freshies tried to help until it became obvious that her baby was breech. Josef decided to pay back Fitzgerald’s loyalty and delivered the baby himself despite the incredible temptation to eat mother and child. Fitzgerald understood the level of self-control that took his vampire and accepted an apprenticeship with a jeweler so he could move his wife and child out of Josef’s house almost immediately. Fitzgerald told his vampire he was going to name his son Joseph instead of Charles Fitzgerald Junior. The name Charles Fitzgerald was a gift he was offering his vampire since his son would never have been born without him the name was his to do with as he pleased.

Fitzgerald learned how to make jewelry but it was his son that had all the true talent. His training began with the old jeweler at age ten and by the time he was sixteen he was creating his own designs. When the old man died shortly after young Joseph turned nineteen he left the store to his apprentice and a great deal of money to the young man. Joseph was too young for such a gift and traveled to sow his wild oats in a rebellion against his strict Irish upbringing.

By the time he came back to New York his father had almost ruined the business. Joseph who preferred the name Charles went back to work in the store and took care of his ailing parents. At the age of thirty he married a sixteen year old named Laura and one year later they had a baby girl named Charlotte. The business struggled for a few years but he eventually turned it around. When his little girl was thirteen he accepted that he would never have a son and took in a ten year boy named Arthur from an orphanage. He married his daughter at the age of seventeen to a rival jeweler and one year later his grandson was born.

At the age of fifty Charles was a very wealthy man, in love with his wife, children and enjoying his new grandson. Charles had no knowledge of vampires so he was ill prepared when he met a hungry Coraline Duvall and her friend Lola.
Marigold
Courtesan

Re: OC Character Profile Charles Riley Human Years

Post by Marigold »

Great biography, Carol! :flowers: It is wonderful to find out more about some of your original characters.

I'm looking forward to reading about Charles' vampire life. You've ended this bio with foreshadowing and a cliffhanger! :chair:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “cassysj's Office”