Back To The Present PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Back To The Present PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any Moonlight or Back to the Future characters no copyright infringement is intended. I did previously write a Back To The Future/Moonlight crossover. This is not part of that story it's a standalone, because as anyone who knows BTTF the space time continuum is easily changed. This is Emmett Brown reuniting with his cousin Mick for the first time in 2015 not 1985.

Mick was sitting in his office waiting for his new client, Jules Von Braun. There was something vaguely familiar about the man’s voice, he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. The case seemed simple enough trying to locate his nephew named Martin McFly a man now in his middle forties, adopted in the late 1960’s in Hill Valley California.

It was exactly seven o’clock when there was a knock on his office door. Mick sniffed the air, there was something familiar about the smell. He opened the door and saw a man who looked like his rich Uncle Erhardt, except Uncle Ehrardt was always impeccably dressed and died in 1946. This man was a dead ringer except for his unruly hair and casual clothes.

The man’s eyes widened as he looked at Mick “Great Scott!” “Mickey?”

Mick tried to keep all emotion off his face. “I think you have the wrong man.

The man seemed confused and asked. “Aren’t you Mick St. John?

“Yes. Mr. Von Braun I can’t take your case. There are plenty of adoption websites today, register with them and if your nephew is interested in finding his birth family it will cost a lot less.

The man nodded. “Mickey, don’t you recognize me? It’s Emmett Brown.

Mick opened the door. “No, I don’t recognize you. Please leave my office or I’ll call security.”

“Was your grandmother’s name Coraline Duvall?”

“Sir, I’ve asked you nicely.” Mick said.

“Would you give me five minutes of your time Mr. St. John? Emmett asked. “I saw this PI office in 1985 and the owner looks exactly the same in 2015.

“My father was a Private Investigator. I took over his business in 2007.”

“Unless scientific cloning has been perfected since the last time I was here, it wasn’t your father. Emmett said. He reached out and pushed up Mick’s shirt sleeve showing a tiny scar near the elbow. “I think you got that scar August 15, 1929.

Mick frowned and said softly. ‘Emmett, walk out the door and don’t ever come back. I know your curiosity is insatiable but there are things you can’t know.”

Emmett shrugged. “If you are who I think you are…..don’t you wonder why I’m not almost a hundred years old?

Mick hesitated long enough for Emmett to continue. “In 1985 I invented the Flux capacitor which makes time travel possible. I spent my family fortune on it. I’ve traveled to 1955, 2015 a horrible dystopian 1985 that makes 1984 look good. I settled in 1885 where I married Clara and had two sons Jules and Verne. I have a model in Marty McFly’s house which I can show you unfortunately it is not to scale.

Mick smiled. Emmett was always building things and apologizing for their small size. This was his cousin even though it seemed impossible.

“Mickey what I have to ask you is…..have you found the fountain of youth? If so…..could you give me the location? I’ve been able to extend my life going to the future….well a different future where there were flying cars and Mr. Fusion. This 2015 is boring by comparison. It’s just….my wife is a lot younger than me and I’d like to see my kids be mature men. There are so many things that can kill you in the late 1800’s.

“Emmett….

“ I saw you in the dystopian 1985. You were with Coraline and neither of you had aged a day. You looked like you were still on your honeymoon except you had a little blonde girl.

“Blonde girl?” Mick asked.

“Yeah, she called you Daddy. That world was so evil, the only good thing was seeing you alive. After we fixed that time line I went back and looked for you in the normal 1985 and I saw you come out of this building. When I went to visit my friend Marty in 2015 I decided to see if you were still here. I’m surprised you haven’t moved. It’s really not safe to stay in one place so long.

“That’s not the first time I’ve heard that..” Mick mumbled.

“Anyway since you’re still thirty I was wondering if you could help me out. I’ll take you on a trip anywhere you want to go. Hundreds of years in the future, I don’t like going to the past anymore but the fountain of youth would be worth it.

Mick sat down. “Emmett….I don’t know where to find the fountain of youth but what happened to me and Coraline is not……an option for you. It would ruin your relationship with your wife and children. The long life isn’t worth it.”

“Why not?”

“Do you remember when you were eleven and you took me to the movies to see Bela Lugosi? Mick asked. “My life is like that.”

Emmett’s face fell. “I’m sorry Mick.

“You can’t tell anyone.”

“I won’t. Emmett promised. “I’d ask that you don’t tell anyone about time travel. In the wrong hands it could destroy the world.”

Mick gave Emmett a hug. “Did my Mom ever get over me disappearing?” He whispered.

“Get over it? No, but I paid for your Dad’s funeral in 1966. I sent money to your Mom until she died in 1977. She didn’t want to take it but I told her my mother would haunt me if I didn’t take care of her sister. They never got over your loss but they were okay moneywise.

“Thanks Emmett. That means more than you know.”

“I visit my friend Marty once a year.” Emmett said. “I can swing by and visit you if you like. You can meet Clara and the boys.”

“I’d like that.” Mick said. “The St. Johns ended with me but it’s nice that my Mom’s family is continuing.”
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Back To The Present PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Oh, this is really nice! :hearts: I love the way Mick was so suspicious at first, but gradually realized he could trust Emmett. :teeth: And bless Emmett for taking care of Mick's folks when he couldn't! This story is short but very sweet. I really like your ML/BTTF crossover ideas. I hope you write more of them!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you. Back To The Future is 30 this year and the Dr. Brown's age and California location just clicked for me with Mick.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm having so much fun in your office! :hyper2: :reading: And here's another BTTF crossover! :yahoo: Are there any others?

I should read old stories more often. It's so fun!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

:heart: I completey forgot writing this story. I had to read it to see what happened. So I don't think there are any more but I forgot this one. :snicker:

Return to “cassysj's Office”