Bite (2nd person POV challenge) --PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Bite (2nd person POV challenge) --PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

A/N: This was written for a challenge on a previous site, to write a piece in 2nd person.

BITE

So you think you’ve finally gotten up your nerve, and you think you’re willing to be a vampire’s meal. He’s told you he’s experienced, and you won’t be harmed, but can you really trust a predator? Can you really believe what he tells you? This may be your last dance, your last few breaths…are you sure you can handle that?

You’ve heard from a friend that it’s the greatest feeling ever, an adrenaline rush, and endorphin high. She told you the fangs don’t hurt, they just slide through the skin like a whisper, and then the pleasure really starts. But you have to experience it for yourself, to see what it’s really like. You got too curious, and now you’re going to have to pay the price.

All at once everything seems heightened, like the whole world just came into sharper focus. Maybe it’s not too late to back out, maybe you can disappear into the night, forget the whole thing. Maybe you can look away from those eyes, the ones that are hypnotizing you right now.

You came to this club for adventure, you knew exactly what kind of place it was supposed to be, even if you weren’t sure you believed what your friend told you. She said it was safe…or at least that you’d probably walk away, and with something to remember forever. You’d never have believed her, if she hadn’t shown you the scars on her neck. And when she pulled you into her cubicle, looking around carefully to make sure no one else could see the two of you, and showed you the marks high on her inner thigh, you started planning what would be best to wear to the vampire club. You could hear your pulse pounding in your ears, and you thought, I’ve got to see this, I’ve got to feel this.

The guy at the door of the club gave you the funniest look when you got there, and you could swear he sniffed at you, before he let you in. He didn’t seem to have fangs, but it’s hard to tell in the dark. Maybe his teeth were a little more pointed than normal, but you’re sure that doesn’t make him a vampire.

This place is strange, and your friend has disappeared, left you on your own. So you sip your drink, and look around. The people here do seem to wear a lot of black, but that could be any goth bar. It still doesn’t mean there are real vampires here. Maybe it’s all pretend, but when a tall, good-looking guy asks you to dance, you figure, hey, who cares if he’s a vampire or not, he’s really hot.

You dance, once, twice, and the rhythm is getting in your head, and you start thinking, you know, maybe he’ll kiss me. The dance keeps bringing your bodies closer, and you feel like there’s an attraction there you can’t ignore. He leads you off the dance floor, and kisses you, and you’ve never felt a kiss like this before. His hands, his mouth, are cool, or maybe you’re just fevered hot from the dancing. And he tells you he wants to feed, and that he’d never hurt you…and all the while you’re thinking, yes, yes, God, yes. Because you could drown in those eyes, because right here and now the whole world is just you and him and the beat of the music, the beat of your heart.

And he looks you in the face, and his beautiful eyes have turned from deep blue to silver, and you know it’s all true, he is a vampire, it’s all real. So you say yes, feed on me, even though right then the fear of it is making your heart race. Because it might not be like your friend said, it might not be like you hope it will.

And he puts his arms around you, and moves his cool mouth to your neck, and whatever it is he’s doing there makes you moan with pleasure, and there is pain, sharp like lightning when his fangs pierce your skin, but it’s sweet as well, and you can feel the blood flowing, feel him latched onto the wound like he can’t get enough, and there is nothing but the pulse pounding in your head, the feel of his mouth on your neck, and those cool arms around you.

Then he releases you, and you almost fall. Your head is spinning, and you’re not sure what just happened, but you can see the blood on his lips, and you put a hand to your throat and feel the wounds. He’s looking at you now, almost sadly, and he leads you back to the dance floor, back to your table, and walks away without a word.

You’ve never felt more alive, and you’ve never been closer to death. You’ll be back.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Bite (2nd person POV challenge) --PG-13

Post by AggieVamp »

Ohh - this was really neat. And to be treated that way....interesting for the 'newbie freshie'.

So glad I clicked & read :)

Karen

p.s. I'm not as good as the others in expressing how much I enjoy the stories...but I truly do!
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

AggieVamp wrote:Ohh - this was really neat. And to be treated that way....interesting for the 'newbie freshie'.

So glad I clicked & read :)

Karen

p.s. I'm not as good as the others in expressing how much I enjoy the stories...but I truly do!
I know you do...and I speak for every author here when I say that ANY comment, however long or short, is greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky, I got chills. I really did.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

You write as though you've been there...such a vivid experience. Makes me want to ask where this bar is located?? ;) Lovely story, as always! 8-)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Josefismysire wrote:You write as though you've been there...such a vivid experience. Makes me want to ask where this bar is located?? ;) Lovely story, as always! 8-)
They made me promise not to tell. What can I say?

Lucky
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I still love this so much. It shows the attraction of the vampires, what makes a freshie tick, and how a first time could be. Addiction grows like that.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lucky I got a shiver reading this one. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

I somehow missed this one. If was fantastic, it was like you've actually experienced this first hand. you are such a realisic writer, like you've been there and done that.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Shhhh, tucute...if the vamps find out, the Freshie Relocation Program will make me move, again.

Lucky :snicker:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

This is nearly hypnotic.

Tentative curiosity, tinged with excitement and fear; logic cautioning that discretion is far safer, but the thrill of the unknown presents a lure that is nearly irresistable.

Then, the trip to the bar and the meeting with the vampire who wants to feed from her. She is charmed; attracted by the danger as much as the charming vamp.

She takes the plunge and comes out safely on the other side in a new world.

This same journey is taken for so many other things in life, as well and sometimes the outcome is not as good as it was here.

Wonderful, wonderful story.

Thanks, Lucky!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

ΟΚ , librarian, we do not know each other for so long and I certainly do not mean to offend you, but I am gonna say it anyway..the way you write your stories and drabbles makes me wonder...Are you a vampire, or a freshie?
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:rolling: :rolling: You aren't the first one to ask that question, maggatha!

I will say that the vampire/freshie dynamic is something that has occupied a lot of my thoughts, these past few years.

Lucky
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

maggatha3 wrote:ΟΚ , librarian, we do not know each other for so long and I certainly do not mean to offend you, but I am gonna say it anyway..the way you write your stories and drabbles makes me wonder...Are you a vampire, or a freshie?

You, know... it's possible for the latter to become the former. Just sayin'...

:whistle:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

This is just so good!

You give us a clear picture of the mental process a freshie experiences--from trepidatious curiosity to excitement tinged with terror when they realize what is at stake and finally to experiencing it and being hooked on the experience.

The last line says it all. They will be back.

The sadness of the vampire tells us that he, too, experienced the journey in some way or another and understood that there was no going back now.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”