One Door Closes--a Beth vignette (PG-13)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

One Door Closes--a Beth vignette (PG-13)

Post by librarian_7 »

Just a little vignette, set right at the end of Sonata

One Door Closes…a Beth vignette

“How can you remember that?” she demanded.

His dark eyes were luminous. “Because I love you.”

Beth Turner almost fell forward into the arms of Mick St. John. Her lips met his in a kiss that jolted electricity through her body from head to heels. She felt him reach out, felt the door of her apartment swing closed, and knew that whatever happened next, her future with this man, this sweet, strong, impossibly handsome vampire would be exciting, dangerous, and above all, romantic.

And she was going to love him more every day of her life.

Snerk

Beth rolled over and sat up. In the dimness next to her, Josh grunted in his sleep and burrowed deeper into his pillow, the picture of solid, stable normalcy.

She smiled down at him. He really was pretty cute when he was asleep. Actually, he was pretty hot when he was awake, too.

She scrubbed the sleep out of her eyes, thinking about the dream. It had all seemed so real, she even glanced at her left forearm, more than half expecting to see the red scars of twin puncture marks. Then she snorted, laughing at her subconscious. A vampire. How trendy. Maybe Josh was a little earnest, a little boring. He loved her, she was sure of that. She laid back down and cuddled up to him. He threw a warm arm over her, without waking.

Besides, she thought as she drifted back to sleep, everyone knows: there’s no such thing as vampires.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: One Door Closes--a Beth vignette (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Oh, this was almost painful. So everything we discussed ad nauseam was just a dream?

But at least it was a very very good dream. Beth is having both worlds, keeping Josh and dreaming adventures. :hearts:

Somehow I think I should be jealous. My Mick obsession is only a dream, too, but I have no Josh next to me either. :laugh:
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

CUTE - but you're so BAD! ;) :snicker: I dont' want to think it was all a dream...I enjoyed it far too much!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Finally poor Josh gets the credit he deserves. :teeth: I wouldn't kick Josh out of bed for eating crackers... :giggle:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

So Moonlight was Newhart? :gasp:
:snicker:
Cute.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tell me it isn't true Vampires arn;t real?, No Joseph to dream about Seems more like a nightmare, your such a tease Lucky I know your only playing with us.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Phoenix wrote:Finally poor Josh gets the credit he deserves. :teeth: I wouldn't kick Josh out of bed for eating crackers... :giggle:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: LOVE that!!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
banner by Cprav
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Lucky and Phoenix, you two are the perfect comedy team!

I love this one, Lucky, for many reasons. And really, when you think about it... Josh got screwed over by the fact that he wasn't a supernatural being. He was just a good, solid, dependable, handsome, hardworking, dedicated, sexy, loving man. So he deserves an alternate universe where Beth doesn't get distracted by angsty guys in long coats. :laugh:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote:... So he deserves an alternate universe where Beth doesn't get distracted by angsty guys in long coats. :laugh:
:chin: Hmm.... *ponders a troubled Josh in a long coat and maybe longer hair* :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly wrote:
allegrita wrote:... So he deserves an alternate universe where Beth doesn't get distracted by angsty guys in long coats. :laugh:
:chin: Hmm.... *ponders a troubled Josh in a long coat and maybe longer hair* :happysigh:
And don't forget...with some scruff. Because the man is smokin' with some stubble.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Mmmmm...the scruff. And Josh would look awfully hot in a motorcycle jacket. :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks! I was just chatting with someone, and got the idea of the whole season being a dream...then again, maybe she dreamed it, right before she went out on assignment to cover the murder of a girl found in a fountain!

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:...then again, maybe she dreamed it, right before she went out on assignment to cover the murder of a girl found in a fountain!
Now THAT would explain why he looked so familiar... :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love it!!!! A dream, I'm back to my days of watching Dallas and the season that was Pam's dream

:rolling: :rolling:

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”