Pillow Talk (Champagne Challenge #135) -- PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Pillow Talk (Champagne Challenge #135) -- PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

I seem to be writing more of these than I'd planned...but hey, they're really FUN. So, meanwhile, back in 1952...

Oh, and, yeah, the usual disclaimer. I don't own the playground, I just dig in the sandbox from time to time.

Pillow Talk

“Mick?”

“Ummm?”

“Pass that cigarette over, would you?”

“Sure, baby.”

“There’s something I need to tell you.”

“Now?”

“I’ve put it off too long, already.”

“This time next week, we’ll be married. Can’t it wait until then?”

“I don’t think so, Mick. It’s—important.”

“Look, baby, whatever it is, we’ll work it out. I never asked you for true confessions. And if you’re worried about the past, well, I haven’t exactly been a monk, you know. And, I guess what I’m saying it, sauce for the goose, and all that.”

“That’s very broad-minded of you, Mick, but—Mick, come on, stop that. I’m trying to talk to you.”

“Why don’t you put that cigarette in the ashtray and come here, baby? We can always talk later.”

“Mick—“

“You drive me wild. You know that, don’t you?”

“That tickles.”

“Good. Ever since the first night I saw you, I wanted to—”

“Oh. Oh, Mick.”

“You sashaying around in that tight red dress. With that sparkler over your shoulder. It was a good thing I had a guitar to hide behind.”

“You really think that guitar hid anything from me? I could see it all in your eyes.”

“I never thought you’d pick me, Coraline. You could’ve had any man there. They all wanted you.”

“But it was you, Mick. Always you. And that’s why I need to tell you—”

“Coraline?”

“What?”

“Do you love me?”

“What?”

“Do you love me.”

“Yes.”

“That’s all I really need to know.”
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Pillow Talk (Champagne Challenge #135) -- PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Mick, you horny idiot! :getclue: If you'd only let her tell you!!! :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

Wow... my glasses got steamed up, visualizing that scene. :melts: :melts: :melts: I can see Coraline gathering her courage, and Mick brushing aside her attempts to talk with him, because he thinks her "sins" are much more minor than they really are. And both of them getting lost in each other, lost in the passion of that intense affair. There was no room for sense (or sensibility) in that relationship. It was all fire and sparks.

You know...there are quite a few star-crossed lovers of Moonlight... Mick and Coraline certainly qualify.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read your comment, Alle! "Horny idiot" indeed! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Oh Mick if only you hadn't have been such a man and instead let your lady speak in bed instead of :blushing: OMG I can't even say the word, innocence and all that

Thank you Lucky for another great moment where Mick could have find out the truth. There must have been a few moments in the lead up to the wedding when she wanted to tell him and the moment was lost for one reason or like this OR ANOTHER
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Mick Mick Mick :banghead: Let the woman talk. Of course in typical man fashion after next week it will be "You never tried hard enough to tell me the truth." :slaphead:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Coraline really tried but Mick was really good at distractions. Maybe she should have tried again when they are clothed and upright.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I love this...she tried to tell him. What was it that Josef said about Mick not thinking with his big head when it comes to Coraline? This conversation shows us just that....too bad he didn't listen. This is priceless (and probably true) :snicker: :snicker:
“You sashaying around in that tight red dress. With that sparkler over your shoulder. It was a good thing I had a guitar to hide behind.”
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Very hot! You got the cadence and voice of the time down, here.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

This is absolutely amazing!

MickBether that I am, I initially assumed that the couple in bed were Mick and Beth, even after the little hint you dropped about the cigarette--not so PC these days, or healthy either.

Have to cut Coraline some slack here. She really tried to tell him here and if this conversation occurred, that could do a lot to explain why they stayed married for thirty three years. She tried. He didn't want to hear it.

Nicely done!!! Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

librarian_7 wrote:“That’s all I really need to know.”
Oh, Mick -- it's not. It's really, really not. :eek2: Sigh......
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Very interesting point of view. We would all have thought so differently of Coraline had we seen something like this in the series.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Men!!!! :no: Sometimes you have to let the lady talk. :blahblah:

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”